23 January, 2016

From Siberia with Love


From Siberia with Love by: Ilana Cohen is a love story of immigrants from Russia to Israel.  They come all that way just to find happiness.  A lonely housewife finds excitement and a whole new world opens up to her.

If I had to pick a favorite character I think it would be the mother-in-law, Almalia.  She is set in her ways and reminds me of my grandmother, always moving and keeping busy.  My least favorite character would be the husband, Janusz.  Although I understand why he was never home it still drove me nuts.  Always working and never making any time for the family.  I love how the story is realistic.  An underappreciated house wife turns to others to find excitement.  An in-law with the mentality of it is my way or the highway. 

There are parts of the story that are missing, I think.  But, surprisingly it doesn’t take away from the book.  I could not grow to care for the main character, Edith.  She drove me crazy on some parts.  She is constantly falling in love with married men.  She never acted on it and it would have helped her better if her husband actually paid attention to her.

This is an interesting take on lives back when the Soviet fell or close to it, although the year is never specified.  I think this book is better for adult readers.  Some things would not be clear unless there is some history behind it.  Not that it is not clearly written, just some information about the past would be helpful to better follow along with the timeline.


Synopsis:

Edith falls for a man from the other side of the world. The impulse and passion he has brought to her world will turn her life upside down.
After Edith's husband dies, she invests herself in her day job at the bank when, one day, she is paid a visit by a handsome, mysterious man who will change her life forever.
Alex, a charismatic and brilliant scientist of Russian origin, immediately dazzles Edith with his wealth, achievements and style. She listens attentively as he narrates the memories of his childhood in Siberia - a previous life in a distant world, hard to imagine and impossible to ignore. Edith is blinded by his shimmering presence, but Alex is married.
>>>An invisible thread connects the two strangers who have been brought together by destiny - but for what cause?
In Alex, she finds an escape from reality - into the distant and foreign landscapes of alienated and frozen nature. It is within this distant, almost imaginary landscape that she is able to find herself, for the very first time. Within the stories of this perfect stranger, who has grown in the other side of the world, Edith finds a familiarity and a precious sense of belonging. What will she be willing to risk for this frozen love?
˃˃˃ An exciting novel about untainted love, sweeping emotions, faith and passion that will sweep you of your feet.
Disclaimer: I received one or more products mentioned above for review purpose either free or at a discounted price. No other form of compensation was received. My opinions are my own. Your opinion may vary from mine. If a giveaway is being held, please read my rules of sweepstakes in the tab above. I cannot be held responsible for prizes or shipping. Sweepstakes and Giveaways on this blog are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media network. Thank You and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember it is all about friendly conversations. I'd love to hear your thoughts. However, all comments are moderated by me before being published online.

If for some reason you need to contact me please do so in the contact form above.

Thanks and check back soon for replies and new posts!

USFamilyGuide.com