09 March, 2016

Resurgent Shadows

One day life is grand.  The very next day something unpredictable and unimaginable happens.  What would you do if it were you?  Would you stay and fight or would you hide?  These are the questions the characters ask themselves as their adventures take shake shape.  This is the first book in the Successive Harmony series.


There are several mystical creatures, but they have very real human characteristics.  There are a few I would love to know.  My favorite character is Sigvid.  He reminds me of myself sometimes.  He does not take any lip from anyone, but shows how he cares in a very subtle way.  My favorite part of the book is when the baby white dragon was about to be born.  Its dad went to find her rider.  Cannot say what happens, but it is awesome.  I actually laughed out loud when the Dvengers interacted with a flashlight.  Sounds silly I know but it was funny.  There were parts in the story where I could feel the pain from one of the main characters.  At first it was a little confusing.  There is a small backstory but some elements of what happened are missing until you read more of the book.  I can honestly say I did not see the end of Chapter 2 coming.  Once you think you have the story line where you think you know what will happen next, there is a twist.  It flows wonderfully to keep you reading though.


This book reminds me of the Lord of the Rings and Resident Evil.  If you like these types then you will enjoy this one.  I would recommend this for young teens to adults.  I kind of wish the ending was different but being a cliffhanger just makes me wish the second book was out.  I cannot wait to see what the second book is like, if there is a second book.



Synopsis:
Humanity stands on the brink of utter annihilation. Dragons fill the skies.

Ever since the Breaking, when earthquakes tore the world apart and unleashed the nightmares of myth and legend, humankind has struggled for survival.

Caleb is one of the survivors, and the only thing he cares about is getting revenge on the monsters that killed his wife and son. When he saves the life of a dverger--a mythic dwarf-like creature--Caleb discovers that the Breaking may have brought good to the world along with the evil.

On the other side of the country, Eric leads a small group of survivors in relative prosperity until a powerful war hammer is forced into his hands--a weapon with a will of its own so commanding that it sends Eric on a mission with one purpose: destroy the creatures that threaten his home.

Caleb and Eric must each decide to do something no one has dared before: to hunt the Dragonlords.


Disclaimer: I received one or more products mentioned above for review purpose either free or at a discounted price. No other form of compensation was received. My opinions are my own. Your opinion may vary from mine. If a giveaway is being held, please read my rules of sweepstakes in the tab above. I cannot be held responsible for prizes or shipping. Sweepstakes and Giveaways on this blog are not affiliated with Facebook or any other social media network. Thank You and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember it is all about friendly conversations. I'd love to hear your thoughts. However, all comments are moderated by me before being published online.

If for some reason you need to contact me please do so in the contact form above.

Thanks and check back soon for replies and new posts!

USFamilyGuide.com